“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
— Eleanor Roosevelt
As both a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) and Licensed Psychotherapist, I offer my clients a unique perspective that can be particularly helpful in navigating the emotional aspects of work and career. Previously a senior manager in communications and non-profits, I have gone through my own career transitions, and know how challenging yet ultimately rewarding that can be.
Clients who get the most out of coaching with me are ready to be honest with themselves, focus, and take action. They live in the Washington, DC area and all over the world.
Complete the Coaching Self-Quiz to see if coaching is a good for match for you right now.
READY TO GET STARTED? Take the first step – email me at email@example.com and request a brief complimentary coaching conversation by phone. I’ll send you a “Getting Started” questionnaire to fill out before we talk.
My Career Coaching Clients
- People in Mid-life taking stock and planning the next phase in their career
- Successful people feeling unfulfilled at work — but not sure how or what to do to change that
- Moms returning to the workplace, including “empty-nesters” restarting careers after the kids have flown the coop
- People nearing the end of their formal careers, or newly retired, who want to figure out a fulfilling “next chapter” for themselves
What’s the Coaching Process Like?
It’s an open, focused conversation where we explore where you are now, and what’s most important to you. Depending on your specific needs, we work together to clarify your values, design short/longer term goals, and develop a plan of action. In every coaching session we move forward through questions, discussion, and followup action tasks that help you make progress between our meetings.
- Coaching sessions are 45 minutes, held twice a month by phone. (Initial In-person person meeting may be arranged if possible.)
- Most of my clients prefer a minimum of 2 or 3 months of coaching in order to make progress towards their immediate goals. Many clients continue to want coaching together beyond our initial engagement, or come back for coaching sessions at other points in their career.
- Career Assessments are also available including Myers Briggs, strengths & values assessments, 360 assessments (some at additional cost)
Career Coaching vs. Psychotherapy
While coaching and psychotherapy have some overlap, in that they focus on improving vital areas of your life, they are also quite different. For this reason I don’t combine career coaching and psychotherapy for my clients.
If you begin working with me as a career coaching client, and determine that psychotherapy is something that you want, I will be happy to refer you to another qualified psychotherapist. People often work with a psychotherapist and career coach at the same or different times in their lives, depending on their priority goals or challenges.
My Credentials & Training
I am a member of and certified by the International Coach Federation (ICF), the professional certifying organization for coaches. And I uphold the International Coach Federation Code of Ethics.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC), ICF
- Co-Active Coach Training Program, Coaches Training Institute (CTI), preeminent and oldest coach training organization in U.S.
- Career Counselor for U.S. Foreign Service professionals transitioning to new careers and post-retirement life (U.S. Department of State)
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), Qualified Administrator
- Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF), National Career Development Association
- Positive Psychology Coaching training program, WholeBeing Institute